Sunday 20 May 2012

Under a Spell

Inhaling deeply,
Consciousness fades..
Arriving in a dream 
Where I make no mistakes..
The sun blushes
The petals close
Fantasy it might be
But I want some more.


Cleansing breaths
For a tired, old lung
Whiter than the whitest
pretty flowers are strung.
They whisper a message
So soft that I can't hear.
It must be meant for me
I should lean near.


A warm loving hand
breaks the fragrant spell
I turn to see the face
Who? But I couldn't tell
The touch lingers 
and I reach for it slowly
It withdraws, invisible still
And I'm shaken out of my reverie.

3 comments:

Vinay Leo R. said...

Oh.. I've been shaken out of many a reverie like that :D

Purple Mist said...

I wanted to take this poem somewhere else but it suddenly ended like that! I just decided to give in to spontaneity :)

Sri Valli said...

Very beautiful poem....