Saturday 14 July 2012

To Binga! My rock star! :)


Brett Lee has always been my favourite cricketer. And believe me, in India, that's a tough thing to admit in public, that a non Indian and that too an Aussie is your favourite cricketer. But the mention of Brett's name, however does not evoke as many extreme reactions as one might expect. It's a testimony to his greatness!
Brett was a passionate fast bowler and a thorough gentleman, a species rare to find these days. His fist pumps and million dollar smiles would make girls faint within seconds! And I will shamelessly admit, I am one of those girls, who would swoon at the mere mention of his name. I remember trying to meet him in my second year of MBBS. He had been on a visit to my city to conduct a cricket coaching camp at a boys' school. It was a requirement to have purchased a 'Boost' packet and producing it at the school gate to gain entry. My friend and I had forgotten to buy one, but the organizers let us in anyway. And there we were in the midst of little school boys, out to catch a glimpse of my hero! I couldn't gather up my courage to get his autograph that day, but I sincerely hope that some day I will meet him again.
Though my little school girl crush has disappeared over time, my respect for him has only grown. He will always be my first love, my hero and my most favourite cricketer. As he opens a new chapter in his life, let us all raise our glasses... To Binga! Here's wishing you all the very best in your future endeavours!

5 comments:

Saru Singhal said...

I love Bret Lee. He is the best. :)

Nik said...

Though not much into cricket, I still remember hearing Brett play the guitar at one of the talk shows. He is a good man, and one of the cricketers who loved their game to the max! Have fun Brett in your life!

Sri Valli said...

Ahh!..Even I like Brett Lee...And thanks for sharing your experience...Very nice to read :)

Purple Mist said...

It's not possible to not like him! Thanks everyone!

GST Refunds Delhi said...

Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!