Monday 7 November 2011

Of Magnolia Crescents and Watercress

I have never considered myself to be a 'girly' kind of a girl. And have been trying my best to become more beauty conscious. So what better place to start than a walk in chemist store? I first headed over to the shampoo section. And what a mind boggling selection of items there was! Was I supposed to choose a shampoo for daily care which had 'Thyme and Juniper' or was I to go for one that contained 'Amla Pearl Complex'? And there was another product which claimed to solve all my hair problems because it contained 'Micro Moisture Serum and Fibre Actives'. And so... I finally settled on buying one that had 'Magnolia Crescents and Watercress' (Partly because it was blue in colour, but mainly because the free earrings offered with it were prettier than the ones offered with 'Rosemary and Sage'). 


Now i was feeling really good about myself, having made one of the toughest decisions of my life. Next on my list was a face wash. Nowadays we see many advertisements on TV with some products claiming to make you fairer and cleaner and what not.. I had already decided that I would purchase one that claimed (on TV) that it would remove 99% of my skin impurities. But when I reached the face wash section the exotic plants started working their black magic on me again.. So.. 'Citron and Honey'? 'Aloe Vera and Cucumber'? My poor brain was working feverishly overtime now and for some reason that I still can't comprehend, I dropped a 'Purifying Neem' face wash into the shopping basket.


And the battle wasn't over yet. The deodorant base was yet to be covered. Now don't we all love the way they describe the various scents at the back of the can? There was one that urged me to 'add a little Samba into my life' and another that had 'cool, fresh and spicy notes' and yet another that claimed to 'turn heads,make you smile and carry an air of sophistication'. By this time my warbled brain commanded my hands to pick one of the canisters I don't even remember which!


Whew! Now that an ordeal was over, I stepped out of the air-conditioned store and into the Mumbai heat, and a thought came to mind... What if there really were products to keep my skin oil free, my hair tangle free and my body odour free in this horrible Mumbai weather? Now that would be really hard to ignore!

3 comments:

Saru Singhal said...

No product can beat Mumbai weather...BTW which shampoo you bought, sounds so mystical...And little bit of self pampering is always good.

:-Dee said...

Great read.. lol... quite a situation and a nice free spirited way of writing to express your thoughts.. enjoyed ur post!! :)

Purple Mist said...

Thanks Dee :)