Wednesday 7 December 2011

Hot air balloon



Sailing through the cotton clouds
Watching how raindrops are made
Sunlight streaming in my face
Golden yellow heat 
But I yearn for no shade.
In the abode of the stars and the rainbow
I drift mindlessly on a breezy afternoon..
No honking of the cars, no trilling of the phone
Yes, of course, I am in a hot air balloon!

I see nothing but vast landscapes
I hear nothing but the gushing wind
I feel nothing but the slanting sun rays
I taste nothing but the freedom to think!

Though I'm as alone as a pearl
in an oyster
I feel a connection, an unearthly bond
With every living being in this world
This is how it must feel like to be God!

Picture Courtesy: Google

2 comments:

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Its really wonderful.. and interesting... thanks for sharing...

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/
At Twitter @VerseEveryDay

Carmen said...

Interesting poem, i enjoyed reading it - thanks for sharing it :) i love going on hot air balloon flights as it is such a mystical and exhillarating experience!