Saturday 10 December 2011

"Why this Kolaveri, kolaveri di?", sings my Maharashtrian friend who has no idea what it means. I did not know either what the word 'Kolaveri' meant, before I looked it up on the net, but the song has gone so viral that it has gotten every alternate person I meet humming it. For every 99 people that love the song there is that 1 person that hates it. I am, unfortunately, that 'one' person. 

Now, being 'one of a kind' is special but the amount of bashing that I've received over the past few weeks for hating the song is compelling me to write this post. What's wrong with hating a song? It doesn't mean that I'm anti Tamilian or I'm too 'uppity' to enjoy a very colloquial kind of a song! I know that I shouldn't be judging it by it's lyrical quality, but it just doesn't sound pleasant to my ears so I HATE it! 

I feel that someone should be able to like or hate something without others getting too judgmental about it. Come on guys, it is a democracy after all! Let us respect each other's opinions and not get into heated arguments every time one's views are different from the other's :).


1 comment:

Saru Singhal said...

Count me in...Even I don't like the song. However, I loved the way Sonu Nigam's son sang it. He was so cute...